JAC Y DO
Jac y Do formed in 1987, and is one of Wales’ foremost folk bands. They come from the Amman Valley on the Western edge of what was once the South Wales Coalfield and the spirit and wit of the mining community is evident in their music.
They’ve represented Wales in International Festivals in Majorca, Portugal and Canada and are well known in all the Welsh folk festivals, and have appeared several times on TV in Wales.
They compose some songs of their own, but their forte is as a “twmpath” band for communal folk dancing, combined with some expert instrumentals.
- RHOSYN GWYLLT
- RIL AMAN/RIL TAWE
- CAN ANNIE
- MEDLI (JAC-Y-DO/CAMBRO BRITON/Y GELYNNEN/MIGLDI MAGLDI/RACHEL DAFYDD IFAN/NYTH Y GWCW)
- GWENNO PENYGELLI/FFIDL-FFADL
- PWY A'M PRIODA I/NANS O'R FELIN/DIFYRRWCH BLEDDYN AP CYNFYN/GLANDYFI
- GWENNO PENYGELLI/FFIDL FFADL
- COED GLYN CYNON
- DIM OND YR AWEL SY'N RHYDD
- FY MACHGEN GWYN/RIL DORSET/MAESYCRUGIAU